WHO WE ARE
This Privacy Notice is issued by the InterContinental Bali Sanur Resort, (or, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice), and covers information collected and used by us in the course of our business. This Privacy Notice only covers our property’s practices; as an IHG-branded hotel, your information will also be collected and used by InterContinental Hotels Group (“IHG”). If you would like to learn more about IHG’s use of your personal information, please visit the IHG website or the IHG privacy statement at ihg.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Collect Directly From You:
The type of information that we collect from or about you varies based on your interaction with our website and services and includes:
- Reservation Information: Your name, email address, home and business address, phone number, nationality and payment card information.
- Stay Preferences: Information such as stay and room preferences made during the course of your reservation such as your preferred room type and specific requests to us.
- Customer Service Inquiries: We collect information from you when you make an inquiry with us, such as inquiries regarding on-property events, including your name, contact information, company names, and information about the event you are planning.
- Contests/Promotions: If you choose to participate in one of our competitions or sweepstakes, sign up on property to receive our newsletters or other special offers and promotions, or participate in one of our other services, we collect your name, contact information, and other information that you choose to provide to us.
Information We Collect from Other Entities:
- IHG: If you make a reservation through IHG central reservations, IHG provides us with sufficient information to handle your reservation at our property. Please note that IHG does not provide us with access to all of your contact information or all of your IHG Rewards Club data. As a result, we may request additional information from you (e.g., your email address) if you would like a copy of your folio.
- Your Employer/Sponsor/Other payor of Your Account/Travel Agent: We also obtain information about you from other parties if you do not make the reservation with us directly or if you are not the responsible payor on your account.
- Other Guests: If you are a guest of one of our registered guests, we may collect information about you from the guest.
- Online sources, such as websites, social media and information sharing platforms: This information may be used to help tailor and improve our services and communicate with you effectively, as we know many of our customers use a range of media channels to communicate and share information. If you use our hotel wifi we may collect certain information such as the information requested when you register to use the service and device information.
- Social Media Features: We may use various social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button on our websites. Certain information may be shared or otherwise provided to us through your use of these features in conjunction with our services and programs. Subject to your account and privacy settings, we may also be able to see information that you post when using these social media platforms whether or not you are using one of our services. In some instances, depending on the circumstances, we may contact you on these social media platforms. The information you post on social media sites as well as the controls surrounding these disclosures are governed by the respective policies of the social media site where you posted.
Information We Collect Automatically:
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your reservation request and to enhance your stay.
- For customer service purposes.
- To send you newsletters (upon your request).
- Consistent with applicable law, for marketing.
- To determine the success of our marketing campaigns.
- To protect our rights and interests and the rights and interests of other parties.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes.
- For legal purposes, including to respond to requests from law enforcement.
- For fraud prevention.
- To evaluate the use of our website and to improve the usage of our website. For example, we may review which features of our website are most popular. We also may review your feedback to help us determine how to improve our website.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We share your personal information with:
- IHG: If you make a reservation directly with our property, we will share your reservation information as well as information regarding your stay, with IHG, which manages the global reservation system for our hotel.
- Service Providers: entities that assist us in the provision of services and that help us improve our products and services. For example, we may share data collected about you online with online advertisers and entities that assist us in our digital marketing.
- We also share your personal information, which may include information about your stay with us, with other entities in circumstances such as:
- when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law or to protect the safety of hotel guests, employees, the public or our property;
- when disclosure is required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, warrant or legal process; or in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other corporate transaction.
- Other IHG-branded hotels: If we are unable to service your request or if we think a sister property may be able to provide you with appropriate service, we may share your contact information with the other hotel.
- Overbook Situations: If we are oversold, we may share your contact information with a different hotel for the purpose of reserving a room for you at the other property.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
What is a cookie: A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and is used to remember as well as obtain information about that party. You might be assigned a cookie when visiting our website. In some instances, where permitted under the applicable law, cookies may also be used for the purposes of certain email campaigns. To learn more about cookies and how they are used, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
What types of cookies we use and how we use them:
Our cookies: We use service providers to help us manage our website and to manage, carry out and improve our advertising. These parties set cookies at our direction to help us collect information and provide you with advertisements that we believe would be relevant for you. These parties may also assist us by providing certain statistical and analytics information in relation to our marketing practices.
We also may share information collected through cookies (and other tracking technologies) with these service providers for their own analytics and marketing purposes.
Other technologies: Other technologies such as pixels and web beacons may also be used on our website, in email messages and in other areas of our business. These technologies are used to improve our products and services and our marketing efforts.
Targeted advertising: We and our service providers may serve targeted advertisements through the use of first-party or third-party cookies, pixels and web beacons when you visit our website or visit websites owned by other entities. In some instances, these cookies may be persistent cookies. As described above, we and our service providers may also use cookie and other information to try to identify other devices and web browsers that you may use so we and our service providers may serve targeted advertisements to those devices. We do this to provide you with advertising that we believe may be relevant for you as well as improve our own products and services, including the functionality and performance of our websites. To learn more about opting out of certain types of targeted advertising, please see the “Managing cookies and opting out” section above.
LINKS WE PROVIDED TO OTHER SITES
The hotel may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine (“Booking Engine”) provided by IHG. While it appears to be part of our site, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor carefully.
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES AND INFORMATION
If you have opted into an email newsletter or receive offers/marketing from us, please follow the instructions in the email or offer to unsubscribe. Please allow up to 10 days for us to process your request.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
WITHDRAWING CONSENT TO USE
HOW TO CONTACT US
For any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or our data privacy practices, please contact us:
By email: email@example.com
By phone: +62 361 6201888
To the extent permitted under applicable law, you may also use the above contact details to exercise your privacy rights, for example, to request access to any of your personal information that we hold. These requests will be reviewed and processed in line with applicable law.